Monday, December 21, 2009

Agra


To kill some time until my bike arrives we rolled down to Agra for a few days to check out the Taj Mahal and other sites. Riding on the train was a pretty low key affair, discounting the fact that I was hauling my gigantic backpack with me. Me and my backpack were a little oversized for the train aisles, and I'm sure I pissed off more than a few people with inadvertent body blows from my red behemoth. I'm a jackass, what can I say.
Despite all the warnings about getting scammed by taxi drivers at the Agra train station, we still got scammed. Went to the prepaid taxi stand, paid for a ticket to the east gate of the Taj Mahal and the little douche bag who drove us dropped us at the west gate. Which sounds like something that you would notice, but since cars can't drive up to the Taj Mahal, we didn't realize it until we had schlepped our bags the 500 meters to the west gate. All you can do is laugh, or if you're lucky spot your driver and dish out some vengeance. Ultimately walking in the touristy chaos around the Taj Mahal is a sport in and of itself and not all that unpleasant after three hours on a train.

No comments:

Post a Comment